2016-2017 Friends of THC Development Seminar
February 16-17, 2017, Austin, Texas
Who Should Attend?
Volunteer leadership (board members and advisors) and staff from non-profit organizations interested in learning more about securing philanthropic support for their organization. The Friends of the THC Development Seminar Series is suited for large and small organizations from any discipline, with limited development staff.
The Development Seminar Series highlights best practices and facilitates dynamic group interactions to help attendees build and strengthen their fundraising "tool-kit", so they can more effectively and sustainably achieve their mission.
The 2016-2017 Friends of the Texas Historical Commission Development Seminar is scheduled for February 16th and 17th, 2017, in Austin. This two-day seminar will focus on:
1. Elements of a Strong Development Program - building a case for giving; role of boards in fundraising; unrestricted and restricted fundraising.
2. Foundation and Corporate Fundraising - building a prospect list; research resources; writing effective grants.
3. Individual Giving - Annual giving programs; cultivating relationships for major gifts fundraising.
4. Development "Best Practices" - Donor stewardship, recognition and engagement: gift processing; recordkeeping; financial management of fundraised $s.
5. Fundraising for special projects and capital campaigns.
6. Public (federal) grants programs - an overview.
Watch for a detailed agenda coming soon!
For more information, or to receive email notifications about the seminar: Contact Anjali Kaul Zutshi at 512.936.2241