JOIN US TO PRESERVE THE LEGACY OF THE LONE STAR STATE!
As you know, Texas has an almost-embarrassing trove of historic and cultural treasures. They’re spread across hundreds of thousands of acres—from the beaches of South Padre Island to the high plains of Amarillo, from the forests of Texarkana to the mountains of El Paso. It’s a BIG state with a BIG history and heritage. It’s our job to protect and preserve that rich legacy wherever it is found—in booming big cities and charming small towns alike.
If you are passionate about seeking out, saving, and leveraging the real places and real stories of your community, the Friends of the Texas Historical Commission invites you to attend REAL PLACES — a Texas Historical Commission conference focused on preserving, revitalizing, and experiencing the Texas mystique.
At REAL PLACES you will:
- Network with Main Street programs, municipal and county governments, County Historical Commissions, chambers of commerce, convention and visitor bureaus, museums and historic sites, preservation organizations, and travel industry experts
- Learn best practices and strategies to promote and increase visitation to your community's historic places
- Understand the power of historic preservation tax credits to revitalize communities
- Hear about the vital role of music and art in cultural tourism and historic preservation
- Embrace historic courthouses and Main Street districts at the heart of many Texas communities
- Empower front-line hospitality representatives as local history experts and regional travel ambassadors
- Gain insight and technical advice on design guidelines, historical surveys, narrative-based planning, building materials, historic theaters, and more!
Stay tuned for REAL PLACES 2019 conference information - COMING SOON!
That's a wrap! Thank you to our partners, speakers, and all who attended for helping to make REAL PLACES 2018 a success!