Lindalyn Adams has served in numerous capacities in historical organizations in Dallas and throughout Texas for over 40 years.
She was appointed Chairman of the Dallas County Historical Commission in 1975 and served in that capacity until 1983. She was active with the Texas Historical Foundation and served as Vice President and Chair of the statewide preservation committee. In 1981, Lindalyn became the first woman President of the Dallas Historical Society in its then 60th year.
As County Historical Commission Chairman, she led the effort to establish an historical exhibit in the former Texas School Book Depository which Dallas County government had acquired. The Sixth Floor Museum at Dealy Plaza was the culmination of a 13 year effort which she chaired.
She is chair emerita of the Museum, and Life trustee of both the Dallas Historical Society and Dallas Heritage Village. She chaired the Friends of the Old Red Courthouse and is a member of the board which established the Old Red Museum of Dallas County History and Culture and the restoration of Dallas County’s 1893 Courthouse.
Lindalyn has been awarded Dallas’ most prestigious award, the Linz Award, the SMU Distinguished Alumni Award, Junior League of Dallas Lifetime Achievement Award, the Ruth Lester Award of the Texas Historical Commission and numerous other awards for her civic and historical preservation involvement.