Orientation For New Main Street Managers And Board Members
Day/Time: Wednesday, January 16, 9 a.m.–4 p.m.
Speakers: Texas Historical Commission staff from the Texas Main Street Program and Town Square Initiative
$45 with conference registration
$45 for the workshop only
Space is limited; restricted to local staff and board members within the Texas Main Street Program
This workshop covers the basics of the Main Street approach to preservation-based downtown revitalization. Participants will leave the workshop understanding how to utilize the approach to create economic impact for their communities. The Main Street Four Point Approach™ has been used in Texas and nationwide for almost 40 years. It is mandatory training for new Main Street managers who have not already received their orientation. Board members and other stakeholders of designated Main Street communities are welcome to attend, as are experienced Main Street staff and board members who want a refresher in the national Main Street operational model. The workshop is open only for representatives of designated Main Street communities.
Speakers will include:
- Debra Drescher, State Coordinator of the Texas Main Street Program
- Shelly Hargrove, Small Business Specialist and Assistant State Coordinator of the Texas Main Street Program
- Sarah Gamble, Texas Main Street Program Architect
- Marie Oehlerking-Read, Design Assistant for the Texas Main Street Program
- Emily Koller, Town Square Initiative Planner
- Alan Cox, Community and Economic Development Specialist for the Town Square Initiative
- Riley Triggs, Town Square Initiative Architect