Together in the Sandbox
Board Development for successful Governance, Fundraising, and Sustainability
This 3-day “Together in the Sandbox” workshop will focus on the critical and often overlooked aspect of nonprofit administration – that of board development. The workshop will address the roles and responsibilities of nonprofit boards and will explore:
- The importance of board development in the context of establishing roles and responsibilities, as well as setting goals and expectations for board members.
- How to recruit for appropriate representation as well as for the skills and experience required for governance, so that the board reflects the constituency that the nonprofit is meant to serve and is effective in implementing its mission.
- How to empower board members to be effective fundraisers for the nonprofit by helping them identify their specific role in the development process.
- The relationship between nonprofit boards and staff, both in traditional nonprofits with or without a staff team funded by the non-profit, as well as in non-traditional nonprofits that are staffed by public agency staff.
- Real life examples about the dynamics in each of these situations, and specific governance recommendations that will help the organization accomplish its mission effectively in any of these situations.
- Recommendations on practices and procedures that will ensure that the relationship between board and staff is productive and is consistently in support of the organization’s mission.
- Ways to evaluate board performance to encourage engagement and results.
Explore our archived webinars to learn from past sessions.
Friends in High Places: Navigating Friends Group Partnerships
In this webinar, Angela Reed discusses how to build a strong partnership framework and why that framework is vital to both the Friends Group and the organization they support.
Together in the Sandbox: Board and Staff Relationships
This webinar focuses on the relationships between nonprofit boards and staff in three different situations: a traditional nonprofit with staff, a public agency, and an all-volunteer board.
Best Practices for the Nonprofit World
Learn best practices for building and maintaining the health of a nonprofit as related to board governance and development, sound administration, financial management, and fundraising.
Grant Evaluation: Setting Goals and Measuring Impact
In this webinar, Anjali Zutshi shares the why and how of evaluation in a grant process. Learn how to set goals, measure impact, and effectively present impact to funders.
A Case Study in Creating a Successful Case Statement
In this webinar, fundraiser Anjali Zutshi provides guidelines for developing a solid case statement to better position your organization’s efforts to build financial support.
COVID-19 Resources for Texas Museums
Learn about programming and funding opportunities, resources, and assistance available for museums trying to recalibrate efforts to make it out of the pandemic.