Apply To Be a Preservation Scholar
APPLICATIONS OPEN NOW THROUGH MARCH 19, 2023
This internship offers a $5,500 stipend.APPLY HERE
If you’re interested in learning how you can apply your degree to historic preservation, the Preservation Scholars Program could be for you! It doesn’t matter if you study history, graphic design, economics, community and regional planning, or accounting.
This program is for you if you:
- Are a student from an underrepresented ethnic or cultural community.
- Attend a college in Texas or are a Texas resident attending school out of state.
- Are a recent graduate or college senior accepted into a graduate program. (Proof of application or acceptance to a graduate program will be required.)
- Will have completed 50 or more credit hours upon starting the internship.
- Have a grade point average of 3.0 or above on a 4.0 system or a comparable GPA
- Are a U.S. citizen or permanent resident
- Have not been a Preservation Scholar before.
Program completion includes the following:
- A 10-week internship with the Texas Historical Commission
- A project of your choosing
- Working at the Austin headquarters and in the field at historic sites (Select projects may allow remote participation.)
- Weekly “Brown Bag Presentations” with outside preservation organizations
- Brief progress reports throughout the internship and upon conclusion
- A final presentation to our Board of Trustees